One of history’s greatest philosophers was Swami Vivekananda. His advice is profoundly wise and ageless. Swami Vivekananda, one of India’s greatest spiritual figures, is recognised for bringing the splendour of Hinduism to the world stage.
In order to put India on the spiritual map of the globe, Swami Vivekanada played a crucial role in teaching the Indian Vendanta and yoga philosophies to the outside world. His well-known remarks at the World’s Assembly of Religions in Chicago in 1893 fundamentally altered how the world viewed India.
He is also recognised with revitalising Hinduism, promoting interfaith understanding, and advancing nationalism in India during the 19th century.
In honour of the revered sage Swami Vivekananda, we provide some quotes for Instagram
Famous Swami Vivekananda Quotes for Instagram
1. When you are doing any work, do it as worship, as the highest. worship, and devote your whole life to it for the time being.
2. Anything that makes you weak – physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.
3. Always try to represent yourself as happy. Initially, it becomes your look, gradually it becomes your habit and finally it becomes your personality.
4. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul.
5. Conquer yourself and the whole universe is yours.
6. The cheerful mind perseveres and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.
7. Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
8. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
9. The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all.
10. Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide!
11. There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point.
12. Throw away all weaknesses. tell your body that it is strong. Tell your mind that it is strong and have unbound faith and hope in yourself.
13. Education is the manifestation of perfection already existing in man.
14. Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
15. If you don’t learn to Control your Thoughts, you will ever learn how to contol your Behavior.
16. If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults.
17. All the negative thoughts and ideas that are in the world have proceeded from this evil spirit of fear.
18. No life will be a failure; there is no such thing as failure in the universe. A hundred times man will hurt himself, a thousand times he will tumble, but in the end he will realise that he is God.
19. Desire, ignorance, and inequality this is the trinity of bondage.
20. “Every work has got to pass through hundreds of difficulties before succeeding. Those that persevere will see the light, sooner or later.”
Quotes for Swami Vivekananda Birth Anniversary to use on Instagram
1. Never say no, Never say, ‘I cannot’, for you are infinite. All the power is within you. You can do anything.
2. Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.
3. Take risks in your life, if you win, you can lead! if you lose, you can guide!
4. You are incarnations of God, all of you. You are incarnations of the almighty, omnipresent, divine principle. You may laugh at me now, but the time will come when you will understand. You must. Nobody will be left behind.
5. Do not lower your goals to the level of your abilities. Instead, raise your abilities to the height of your goals.
6. The gift of knowledge is the highest gift in the world.
7. The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength.
8. Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.
Blame nobody else, do not commit the mistake of the ignorant.
9. Religion consists in realization. We must realize God, feel God, see God, talk to God. That is religion.
10. True religion is not talk, or doctrines, or theories, nor is it sectarianism. It is the relation between soul and God. Religion does not consist in erecting temples, or building churches, or attending public worship. It is not to be found in books, or in words, or in lectures, or in organizations.
11. Purity, patience and perseverance overcome all obstacles. All great things must of necessity be slow.
12. Every successful man must have behind him somewhere tremendous integrity, tremendous sincerity, and that is the cause of his signal success in life. He may not have been perfectly unselfish; yet he was tending towards it. If he had been perfectly unselfish, his would have been as great a success as that of the Buddha or of the Christ. The degree of unselfishness marks the degree of success everywhere.
13. Self-sacrifice, not self-assertion, is the law of the highest universe.
14. Talk to yourself at least once in a day. Otherwise, you may miss a meeting with an excellent person in this world.
15. Each man has a mission in life, which is the result of all his infinite past Karma.
16. He whose book of the heart has been opened needs no other books.
17. Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
18. Whatever you think that you will be. If you think yourself weak, weak you will be; if you think yourself strong, you will be.
19. Books are infinite in number and time is short. The secret of knowledge is to take what is essential. Take that and try to live up to it.
20. There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point.
Motivational Swami Vivekananda Quotes
1. Always try to represent yourself as happy. Initially, it becomes your look, gradually it becomes your habit and finally it becomes your personality.
2. Bless people when they revile you. Think how much good they are doing by helping to stamp out the false ego.
3. Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.
4. Desire, ignorance, and inequality – this is the trinity of bondage.
5. Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you, if you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
6. The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
7. I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world tolerance & universal acceptance. we believe not only in universal toleration but we accept all religions as true.
8. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
9. The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
10. Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.
11. When you are doing any work.. do it as worship, as the highest worship, and devote your whole life to it for the time being.
12. Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
13. We are what our thoughts have made us. So take care about what you think. Words are secondary, thoughts live and travel far.
14. Be the servant while leading. Be unselfish. Have infinite patience, and success is yours.
15. Each work has to pass through these stages – ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
16. Don’t look back -forward infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite daring, and infinite patience – then alone can great deeds be accomplished.
17. Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.
18. The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.
19. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
20. All power is within you. You can do anything and everything. Believe in that. Do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. Stand up and express the divinity within you.
Life Quotes of Swami Vivekananda
1. Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
2. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
3. They alone live, who live for others.
4. The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all.
5. Are great things ever done smoothly? Time, patience, and indomitable will must show.
6. Don’t look back – forward, infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite daring, and infinite patience – then alone can great deeds be accomplished
7. Are you unselfish? That is the question. If you are, you will be perfect without reading a single religious book, without going into a single church or temple.
8. The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.
9. The whole point is to discipline the mind.
10. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind because oneness is the secret of everything.
11. If you have infinite patience and perseverance, success is bound to come. No mistake in that.
12. Do not lower your goals to the level of your abilities. Instead, raise your abilities to the height of your goals.
13. We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in the future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.
14. The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
15. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far
16. Come out of your narrow holes and have a look abroad.
17. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
18. If you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.
19. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
20. Stand up, be bold, and take the blame on your own shoulders. Do not go about throwing mud at others; for all the faults you suffer from, you are the sole and only cause.
Wise Swami Vivekananda Quotes
1. Strength is Life, Weakness is Death. Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death. Love is Life, Hatred is Death.
2. The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all.
3. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
4. Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide!
5. The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
6. Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.
7. Throw away all weaknesses. tell your body that it is strong. Tell your mind that it is strong and have unbound faith and hope in yourself.
8. You are the creator of your own destiny.
9. The very reason for nature’s existence is for the education of the soul.
10. Education is the manifestation of perfection already existing in man.
11. Experience is the only teacher we have. We may talk and reason all our lives, but we shall not understand a word of truth.
12. A fool may buy all the books in the world, and they will be in his library; but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to.
13. All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.
14. Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.
15. Neither money pays, not name, nor fame, nor learning; it is CHARACTER that can cleav
e through adamantine walls of difficulties.
16. The earth is enjoyed by heroes – this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, I have no fear.
17. Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvellous work. It is fearlessness that brings heaven even in a moment.
18. Conquer yourself and the whole universe is yours.
19. Dare to be free, dare to go as far as you’re thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
20. Stamp out the negative spirit as if it were a pestilence.
Swami Vivekananda’s Quotes On Truth
1. All truth is eternal. Truth is nobody’s property; no race, no individual can lay any exclusive claim to it. Truth is the nature of all souls.
2. Be sincere and do your duty. Everything will come all right Truth must triumph.
3. Comfort is no test of truth; on the contrary, truth is often far from being “comfortable.”[
4. Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.
5. Dare to seek Truth even through hell.
6. In truth everything is established.
7. None will be able to resist truth and love and sincerity. Are you sincere? unselfish even unto death? and loving? Then fear not, not even death. Onward, my lads!
8. Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
9. Stop creation and you know the truth. All power of creation must stop, and then you know the truth at once.
10. That is the one test of truth. It never decays, it is always the same.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Success
1. The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.
2. In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path.
3. To succeed, you must have tremendous perseverance, tremendous will. “I will drink the ocean,” says the persevering soul, “at my will mountains will crumble up.” Have that sort of energy, that sort of will, work hard, and you will reach the goal.
4. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin— to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
5. Never mind the struggles, the mistakes. I never heard a cow tell a lie, but it is only a cow— never a man. So never mind these failures, these little backslidings; hold the ideal thousand times, and if you fail a thousand times, make the attempt once more.
6. Struggle hard and then if you do not succeed, you are not to blame.
7. Be not in despair, the way is very difficult, like walking on the edge of a razor; yet despair not, arise, awake, and find the ideal, the goal.
8. Be cheerful. . . . Hold on to your own ideal. . . . Above all, never attempt to guide or rule others, or, as the Yankees say, “boss” others. Be the servant of all.
9. Every work has got to pass through hundreds of difficulties before succeeding. Those that persevere will see the light, sooner or later.
10. Work on, brave hearts, fail not — no saying nay; work on — the Lord is behind the work. Mahâshakti is with you.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Spiritual Freedom
1. Each soul is potentially Divine. The goal is to manifest this Divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this either by work or worship or psychic control or philosophy- by one or more all of these- and be free. This is the whole of RELIGION. Doctrines, or dogmas, or rituals, or books, or temples, or forms, are but secondary details.
2. Be thankful that you are allowed to exercise your power of benevolence & mercy in the world and thus, become pure and perfect. Be grateful to the man you help, think of him as God. Is it not a great privilege to be allowed to worship God by helping our fellowmen?
3. Where should you go to seek for God — are not all the poor, the miserable, the weak, Gods? Why not worship them first? Why go to dig a well on the shores of the Ganga?
4. All idea of separation is bondage, that of non-differentiation is Mukti. Let not the words of people dead-drunk with worldliness terrify you. Be
fearless; ignore the ordinary critics as worms!”
5. The real individuality is that which never changes and will never change; and that is the God within us.
6. Freedom is only possible to the being who is beyond all conditions, all laws, all bondages of cause and effect. In other words, the unchangeable
alone can be free and, therefore, immortal.”
7. It is always for greater joy that you give up the lesser. This is practical religion—the attainment of freedom, renunciation. Renounce the lower so
that you may get the higher. Renounce! Renounce! Sacrifice! Give up! Not for zero. Not for nothing, but to get the higher.
8. Despondency is not religion, whatever else it may be. By being pleasant always and smiling, it takes you nearer to God, nearer than any prayer.
9. He is an atheist who does not believe in himself. The old religions said that he was an atheist who did not believe in God. The new religion says that he is an atheist who does not believe in himself.
10. He who sees Siva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Siva; and if he sees Siva only in the image, his worship is but
preliminary. He who has served and helped one poor man seeing Siva in him without thinking of his caste, creed or race, or anything, with him Siva
is more pleased than with the man who sees him only in temples.