TRAI Channel Selector Portal has been launched to let subscribers view and modify their DTH subscription plan through any web browser. This is essentially an extension of the Channel Selector app which TRAI launched last year for smartphone users. With the new channel selector portal, TRAI is making DTH package customisation more accessible for consumers who don’t have access to smartphones.
The TRAI Channel Selector lets users check their DTH or cable operator subscription, view all channels on offer by the service provider, and modify their package. The USP of the tool is to offer optimised channel combination and get the best mix of user selected channels or bouquets at similar or cheaper price. Here’s everything you need to know about the TRAI Channel Selector portal.
TRAI Channel Selector portal lets users check and modify existing DTH pack
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India launched the Channel Selector app in 2020 on both Google Play Store and Apple Store. However, the app was not accessible to those who use feature phones. To make it accessible to all, TRAI has now launched the Channel Selector portal which is available on the web.
The Channel Selector Portal has the same functionality as the app. Basically, users can check their subscription, all offerings by their DTH/cable operator, get optimised solutions, and modify their subscription. Users can also add more FTA (Free to Air) channels in the same range of NCF (Network Capacity Fee). The portal also lets users check the real-time status of their set subscription request.
The official portal has listed ACT Digital, Airtel Digital TV, Asianet, D2H, Den Networks, DishTV, FASTWAYm GTPL, Hathway Digital, InDigital, Kerala Vision Digital TV, Siti Networks, Sun Direct, Tata Sky, TCCL, and VK Digital Network. Those who are subscribed to any of these providers can start using the Channel Selector app or portal right away.
TRAI Channel Selector portal: how to modify DTH package
TRAI has put up a detailed user manual for the convenience of users on the official Channel Selector Portal. Below are the steps to use the portal.
- Visit the TRAI Channel Selector Portal
- Select your DTH/cable operator from the Subscriber Login section
- You’ll then see the login page, enter your registered mobile number, subscriber ID, or STB/VC number
- Complete OTP verification
- You’ll then see the dashboard with all active subscriptions
- Click on the relevant subscription to check the details
- If you wish to change your channel pack, click on Edit Subscription
- You’ll be shown the details of your existing subscription and from here you can add or remove channels
- If you wish to modify your channel pack completely, click on Build from Scratch and add channels you wish to have
- You can then click on Proceed button
- The portal will now show you a summary of what you have removed, added, and the new estimated total subscription value per month
- Click on the Click to Optimise button to proceed
- The portal will suggest an optimum configuration based on the consumer’s selection so as to reduce the total monthly bill
- Choose between Optimised Pack or Your Selection
- Click on Continue
- You’ll now be able to see details of your new subscription and also add FTA channels at this stage
- Once done, click on Proceed to submit the final change subscription request with your DTH/Cable operator
- Your service provider will now show you an acknowledgment number, which can be used to track your request
Users can simply head to the Channel Selector portal and click on Subscription option on the top and select Check Change Subscription Status to track their request.