Twitter has become a powerhouse of a social media platform. As a user, you sometimes come across impactful or funny videos that you might want to save and send to different people. After all, not everyone has Twitter, and you might want to share these videos over WhatsApp or Instagram.
Do note that if you are downloading any videos from Twitter or any platform, you should always credit the original creator wherever possible, and use these videos only for personal usage. There are multiple methods to download Twitter videos, depending on whether you’re using a smartphone app or the web. In this article, you will know about the various ways to download Twitter videos onto your phone, whether Android or iPhone. You can also download Twitter videos onto your PC through various websites and Chrome extensions. We’ve compiled the best method for each in the article below.
How to download Twitter videos on Android
Android mobile devices make it easy to download Twitter videos, as they do not involve complicated and extra steps to complete a simple process. There are various apps that you can download and use on your Android mobile to download Twitter videos. You can also use websites on your phone directly through a browser. One such app to download Twitter videos on Android is Download Twitter Videos. It is available on the Google Play Store and is highly rated, with over 5 million downloads. Here are the steps to download Twitter videos on Android mobiles:
- Download the “Download Twitter Videos” application into your Android mobile device.
- Open the Twitter app on your phone, and locate the relevant tweet
- Click on the ‘Share’ option, and then tap on ‘Copy the link to Tweet’
- Open the “Download Twitter Videos” application and paste the copied link into the URL space provided by the app.
- The bottom right section of the screen should have the ‘Download’ option – tap on it
- Choose the desired resolution from the options provided and download it
- The video will then be downloaded to your phone. The app has an in-built video player. so you can check the downloaded video through the app itself. You can also watch the video from the Gallery section on your phone.
How to download Twitter videos on iPhone
Unlike the ease and the open-source nature of Android, iPhones tend to be a bit more complicated in terms of downloading videos onto the device. This is understandable, as a large number of security provisions present in iOS devices make it difficult for the user to input any video, photo, or application from external sources. However, there are a few ways to download Twitter videos onto your iPhone, but they do require a bit of patience on the user’s side as they are a bit more complex than methods for Android devices. Here are the steps:
- Open the Twitter application on your iPhone. Find the Tweet that contains the video you want to save.
- Hover to the ‘Share’ option on the Tweet, and select the option for copying the link to the Tweet.
- Open the browser on you iPhone, and paste the link https://www.twittervideodownloader.com
- Paste the URL of the tweet in the given space and click on ‘Download’ option.
- You’ll be presented for various resolutions in which the video can be downloaded. Click on the one which you prefer.
- The video will open in a new window
- Click on the share button at the bottom of the screen, and select ‘Save to Files’
- Select the option ‘On my iPhone’ and click ‘Save’
- Open the Files application on your iPhone and select ‘On my iPhone’ in the list of locations
- Click on the downloaded Twitter video file, and tap the Share button at the bottom
- Select ‘Save Video’
- The video is now saved to your iPhone’s Photos app
Downloading Twitter videos on a PC or laptop is quite easy, and does not involve as many steps as is required on an iOS or Android device. There are multiple sites that allow you to download videos from Twitter with just a couple of steps. Most of these websites work similarly. However, there is one particular website that is quite efficient in this process: SaveTweetVid. Let’s have a look at the steps to download a Twitter video through SaveTweetVid.
- Open your preferred browser and log into your Twitter account. You can also be logged in through the Twitter app on your PC.
- After logging in, go to the profile and the specific video that you want to download.
- Click on the ‘Share’ icon below the video. Select the ‘Copy link to Tweet’ section.
- Go to SaveTweetVid‘s website.
- You will find a space on the website’s page that says “Enter Twitter URL …”. Paste the copied link into this area and click on the ‘Download’ button.
- You will be given different download types and qualities. Choose the desired quality and download type, and select the appropriate ‘Download’ button.
- Your downloaded video will now be saved on your PC or laptop.
Chrome extensions are small tools that are embedded into the Google Chrome web browser. They allow the user to perform certain tasks without the added step of going to the relevant website for their needs. These tools can be for checking grammar or spelling when writing emails, blocking ads on certain web pages, and (in this case) for downloading videos from Twitter. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure that you have the Google Chrome browser downloaded into your PC.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store. In the search bar, type “Video Downloader Professional extension“, or use the link provided here.
- TClick on ‘Add to Chrome’, then ‘Add extension’, and wait for it to be integrated into Google Chrome.
- Log into your Twitter using Google Chrome. The video that you want to download should be opened and played in the browser. The extension at the top right corner will show you a notification for download.
- Click on Video Downloader Professional’s extension icon, and you’ll see a range of download options. Each download option varies in quality, size, and type.
- Choose the file type you want to download for the video and click on it. Your video will be downloaded into your PC and stored on your hard drive.