The Vodafone Idea (Vi) merger of 2018 enabled consolidation in the telecom segment. Today, VI is identified as one of the largest telecom operators in India, next only to Airtel and Jio. As the company continues to grow in popularity, its base of prepaid subscribers is also swelling. If you have a prepaid connection from VI or any other operator, keeping a tab on your call and data balance can be a hassle.
Vodafone Idea (Vi) has devised different ways to keep a tab on everything. These methods include information via SMS, USSD codes, app, and more.
So, here is a compilation of different methods you can use to check your balance on the Vodafone Idea (Vi) phone number.
How to check Vodafone Idea balance through SMS
One of the many ways to check your Vodafone Idea balance from your device is by using the SMS service. Initially, it might sound very daunting, whereas, in reality, it’s child play if you blindly follow the steps as we have mentioned:
1)Open the ‘Messaging’ app on your phone
2) SMS ‘Data <space> Bal’ to 144 from your Vodafone Idea (VI) number
By doing this, you will instantly receive a message informing you about the data balance in your account.
How to Vodafone Idea (VI) balance via USSD code
Using USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data)codes for checking the balance on VI sims is a popular and instant way. Vodafone Idea (VI) offers a host of short regulations to ease the process of checking balance. Just follow the process below, and you are good to go:
Open your ‘Dialer App’ > Type in the USSD Code > Press ‘Dial’ > You will receive a prompt message with the required information depending on the code used.
List of all USSD codes to check Vodafone Idea (VI) balance
|1||*199*2*1#||Check Main Balance|
|2||*199*2*2#||Check Internet Balance|
|3||*199*1*3#||4G/3G/2G Internet Offers|
|6||*199*1*8#||Voice, SMS, Roaming Offer|
|7||*199*3*1#||Activate Vodafone VAS Service|
|8||*199*3*2#||Deactivate Vodafone VAS Service|
|9||*199*4#||Get Vi App|
|10||*199*2*3#||Last 3 Calls and SMS Details|
|11||*199*2*4#||Last 3 VAS Deduction|
|12||*199*2*5#||Emergency Talktime Credit Loan|
|13||*199*3*3#||Activate or Change Caller Tune|
|14||*199*5*2#||Unlimited Recharge Pack Offers|
|15||*199*5*3#||Combo Recharge Offers|
|16||*1995*4#||Data Recharge Offers|
|17||*199*5*5#||International Roaming Recharge Offers|
|18||*199*5*6#||SMS Recharge Offers|
How to check Vodafone Idea (VI) balance using App
VI App is one of the most convenient ways to check your Vodafone Idea (VI) account balance. We assume that you have the app downloaded on your device; in case not, you can download the app here or follow the step-by-step guide below, and you are good to go:
- First, go to the Google Play Store and search for the VI app.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Then, launch the application and log in using your Vodafone Idea (VI) number.
- Enter the OTP received via SMS and confirm your account.
- The app’s homepage reflects data left, main balance, and validity.
How to check Vodafone Idea (VI) balance via website
Internet access, browser, and a little help from our side for you to check your VI balance via the VI website. Here’s how you can do so:
- Visit the website https://www.myvi.in/
- You need to login to check the account balance.
- To login you can login using your VI number and OTP.
• Once logged in, you will see your prepaid/postpaid dashboard. Here you will be able to see details such as the pack validity, the amount of data left for the day, the validity of your current pack, etc.
- Once you select your pack details, you will see the main balance and active services along the last recharge dates.
- The website also offers the service of direct recharge through the website.
How to check Vodafone Idea (VI) balance through IVR
IVR stands for (Interactive Voice Response). To use IVR for checking the balance on your Vodafone Idea (VI) sim, follow the steps below:
- Dial 199 from your dialer app.
- Select your preferred language by pressing the corresponding number. • Once your language is selected, follow the audio instructions to know the main balance of your VI number.
Read Also: How to check your VI number via USSD code
How to check the main balance through WhatsApp
Vodafone Idea (VI) offers a unique and interactive service for checking the main balance through WhatsApp. Let’s see how it can be done:
- Add ‘9654297000’ to your contacts and send an initial message of ‘Hi’ or ‘Hello’ • The chatbot will send an automated message.
- If you are a first-time user, you will have to select your account being prepaid or postpaid.
- Subsequently, a menu message will appear.
- Type ‘3’ and send the message; a menu will appear again.
- Type ‘1’, which stands for ‘Main Balance.’ A menu will be presented to confirm your Vodafone Idea (VI) number.
- Type ‘1’ to select ‘Yes’ to confirm your number.
- Subsequently, you will receive an OTP on your registered number. Paste the OTP in the chat and press send.
- Once successfully verified, you will receive a message regarding the main balance, active plan, validity, and data left.
- You will also receive an option to recharge your number.
How to check Vodafone Idea (Vi) 4G data balance
Vodafone Idea (VI) offers various ways to find 4G data balance on your account. You can easily check your data balance through the USSD code or by Vodafone Idea (VI) app:
Using USSD code
- Launch your dialler app and dial *199*2*2#.
- You’ll receive a prompt message regarding your 4G data balance of your Vi phone number, such as how much data is remaining for the day and if there is any additional data pack.
Once you’ve successfully downloaded the app and logged in with your Vodafone Idea (Vi) number, you can easily check the 4G data balance on your phone number
- Select ‘Main Balance’ on the home screen.
- The remaining call and data balance are shown on the screen.
You can easily keep track of your Vi data balance via the Vi application, which comes in handy if you have a Vi prepaid connection.
i) How can I check my Vodafone balance validity?
Vodafone Idea allows you to check your balance validity using the USSD code –
- Launch the dialler app and dial *199*2*1#. This USSD code will enable you to check your balance validity and also gives information about the main balance on your Vi phone number and the existing plans and data packs.
- Or you can dial *199# or *121# on your dialler app. These USSD codes will also provide you with the same information.
- You will receive a prompt message regarding the balance validity information of your Vi phone number.
ii) How do I check my Vodafone data usage?
Vodafone Idea allows you to quickly check your data usage
1) Launch your dialler app and dial *199*2*2#.
2) You’ll receive a prompt message regarding the data usage information of your Vi phone number, such as how much data is remaining for the day and if there is any additional data pack remaining.
iii) How can you check your Vodafone phone number?
Vodafone Idea allows you to quickly check your phone number using USSD codes –
1) Launch your dialler app and dial *111*2# from the Vi phone number you want to check.
2) You’ll receive a prompt message with your Vi phone number.