Vi (aka Vodafone Idea) might be a loss-making telco, but that doesn’t stop it from offering attractive postpaid and prepaid plans to its subscribers in India. While there are a host of prepaid plans with offers like Double Data and Binge All Night, its postpaid offerings come with a host of additional benefits. These benefits are enough to consider upgrading Vi prepaid to postpaid connection.
The private telecom operator has four postpaid plans on offer including Rs 399, Rs 499, Rs 699, and Rs 1,099. These plans are quite competitive and offer benefits such as OTT subscriptions, unlimited calls, national roaming, and data roll over, to name a few. And if you are also tempted to make switch from Vi prepaid to postpaid connection, here’s how you can do it.
Vi prepaid to postpaid: how to switch
As mentioned before, Vi offers four postpaid plans starting from Rs 399 with a host of benefits. The most important benefit of upgrading to a postpaid plan to be able to club your family members under the same plan and in a single bill. If that’s something that appeals to you, here’s how you can upgrade from Vi prepaid to postpaid.
- Visit the official Vi website
- Click on the ‘New Connection’ tab
- Next, tap on the ‘Postpaid Connection’
- You’ll be presented with Vi Postpaid plans
- Click on the one that best suits your requirement
- Enter your phone number, pincode, and address
- Choose a convenient time slot for the doorstep delivery of your SIM
- Click on ‘Submit’ to receive the OTP on your phone
- Enter the OTP to validate your number and confirm the order
- A Vi executive will visit the address provided for verification and SIM delivery
Vi postpaid to prepaid: how to switch
While benefits of having a postpaid connection are tempting, not everyone can keep with a monthly cycle of billing and prefer the convenience of being able to recharge as and when they can. If you are also looking to switch from Vi postpaid to prepaid number, below is the process.
- Visit the nearest Vodafone store with necessary documents
- Ask for a postpaid to prepaid migration form
- Fill the form and submit it with the executive
- You’ll be asked to clear your Vi postpaid dues
- Once done, your Vi prepaid SIM will be activated withn 2-5 working days
How can I deactivate my Vodafone postpaid number?
There are two types of deactivation – temporary and permanent. The former can be done by calling the Vi customer care on 198 or 141 and request for deactivation. However, if you want to close your postpaid connection for good, you’ll have to visit the nearest Vi outlet along with necessary documents.
What are the necessary documents for Vi new connection?
In order to get a new connection, upgrade to postpaid, downgrade to prepaid or simply deactivating the Vi connection, users will need a valid proof of identity and address proof. These documents include Aadhaar card, passport, Voter ID, and driving license, among others.