Contrary to what many may feel, even in this era of WhatsApp, SMS has its own place. Sending and receiving SMS is a straightforward process if it goes smoothly. But if you are reading this article, there is a high chance that you are facing an issue with the same. One of the reasons you cannot send or receive SMS from your Vodafone Idea (Vi) mobile could be Vi SMS Centre. SMS Centre monitors and sends, and receives SMS from your SIM Card. Let’s explore more:
What is Vi SMS Centre?
Vi SMS Centre (Short Message Service Centre) is a message distribution centre that processes SMS operations. Its primary purpose is to store, forward, convert and deliver SMS (Short Message Service). It helps in routing and regulating SMS. Let’s try to understand the process: Whenever a user sends an SMS, it is first directed to the SMS Centre and then forwarded to the individual or group recipient. In case you are facing a problem with sending or receiving SMS, there is a high probability it is related to Vi SMS Centre. To explore more, check here.
Vi SMS Center Number State-wise List
Here’s the state-wise list of SMS centres for Vi
|State||Vi SMS Center Number|
|Andhra Pradesh||+91 9885005444|
|Himachal Pradesh||+91 9736009911|
|Jammu & Kashmir||+91 9796009905|
|Madhya Pradesh||+91 9713099990|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP WEST)||+91 9719009998|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP EAST)||+91 9839099999|
|West Bengal||+91 9732099990|
How to change/update Vi SMS Centre Number
The process to change/update Vi SMS Centre Number is straightforward. Just have a look at the process below, and you would be great to go:
- Just open the dialer app on your device.
- Type *#*#4636#*#* on the dial pad and call.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen with the following options:
- Phone Information
- Battery Information
- Usages Statics
- WLAN Information
- Click on ‘Phone Information’ and scroll down to the bottom until you find SMSC Option.
- You will be able to find an option called ‘Refresh’, check the current number and replace it with the number mentioned above, keeping in mind your state.
- Tap on ‘Update’
- You are all set to go.
How do troubleshoot and fix messages not being sent from your Vi SIM
Below mentioned are some of the alternative methods to troubleshoot and fix the issue of messages not being sent from your VI SIM Card:
- Restart your device: This is one of the easiest and quick ways to solve any problem. In this case too you can see if a simple reboot can take care of the issue.
- Updating the app to the latest version: Updates are required after a set period where new additions are made and existing issues are resolved. Updates are of various types, but all aim to improve the User’s Experience.
- Clear cache of the messaging application: Clearing any cache helps eliminate any unwanted process running within the app in the background. It is worth trying the effort.
- Call customer care: Calling Customer Care for the issue can be one of the easiest ways to solve any problem. They will guide you through the process step-wise and ensure that the issue is resolved.