Vi (aka Vodafone Idea) users can now recharge their numbers through WhatsApp. Notably, Vi has a WhatsApp chatbot called Vic which lets customers recharge their number directly from WhatsApp. The telco has announced that users can recharge or switch plans with a few simple clicks through WhatsApp.
We tried using the service and the process is indeed as simple as claimed. With simple replies, users will be able to select a recharge plan for their Vi prepaid number without having to leave WhatsApp. Users will receive a link for the gateway via an SMS for payment. Let’s take a look at the step-by-step process.
How to recharge Vi prepaid number through WhatsApp
In order to recharge your Vi or Vodafone Idea number through WhatsApp, you’ll need to save the Vi Care Whatsapp number. Go to contacts, and save +91-9654297000 under Vi Care name. Once you have saved the Vi WhatsApp number, follow the steps below to recharge your number.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and open the chat with Vi Care
- Start the conversation by saying ‘Hi’
- Vic will send you a list of options, reply with ‘2’ for Recharge
- The bot will then ask you whether you want to proceed with the same WhatsApp number, Reply with ‘1’ to proceed.
- You’ll then be required to verify the number by replying with the OTP sent through SMS.
- Once OTP verification is done, you’ll be shown several prepaid plans suited for your number
- Reply with the number corresponding to the plan you want to recharge with,
- You will then get a clickable payment gateway to complete the transaction.
- Click on the link and choose from credit card, debit card, netbanking, UPI, and digital wallets to complete the transaction.
- That’s it, your Vi number is recharged.
The process is the same for postpaid users as well, but instead of sending a clickable payment gateway link, Vic will apply the desired plan to your postpaid number and you will be charged for the same in the next billing cycle.