Vodafone Idea (Vi) is the third largest telecom service provider in India. While it has been bleeding customers to its rivals Airtel and Reliance Jio, TRAI data shows that the company added new customers during the month of February. This has created a new hope for the company which has struggled to stay relevant in a market where data is cheap and abundantly available.
If you do have a Vi SIM card then you might want to know the mobile number. With Vodafone Idea, the operator has made it easy to find your number using either an USSD code or the app. Here is how.
How to check Vodafone Idea (Vi) number using USSD code
Vodafone Idea, unlike Reliance Jio, seems to know that USSD code is of importance even today. As a result, it offers a number of such codes which can be used to check your mobile number. An USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code is a number of digits programmed into your SIM card that allows customers to perform a set of functions.
If you want to check your Vodafone Idea number using USSD code, make sure that you have your Vodafone Idea SIM card in your phone. Also make sure that your number is activated, which means that you have cell reception on your number. Now follow the steps below.
- Open the dialer on your phone
- Enter the USSD code *199#
- You will see a flash message that reads MSISDN: XXXXXXXXXX
- Note down your phone number before closing the message
Do note that you can also check amount due and validity details through the same flash message.
Some websites claim that you can check your mobile number using the USSD code: *111*2# as well. However, we have been unsuccessful with this particular USSD code. Vodafone shows a message “Welcome to Vi! This number has changed” and suggests customers dial *199# instead.
How to check your Vodafone Idea (Vi) number online or through Vi app
Vodafone Idea (Vi), like the other two mainstream telecom operators, offers a dedicated app for its customers. With this app, you can easily find your Vodafone Idea number without going through multiple steps. All you need to do is download the app and go through a few steps and you will be able to see your mobile number. Here is how it works:
- Download the Vi app from Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Once installed, open the app and you will need to enter your mobile number the first time.
- You can use the USSD steps to find your number first.
- Once you enter your number, you will receive a one-time password on your mobile.
- Enter the OTP and you will be logged in to the app.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see your mobile number anytime.
How to check Vodafone Idea (Vi) number through toll free number
While USSD code is an easy way to find your mobile number, Vodafone Idea also allows its subscribers to call customer care and find the information. Please note that this won’t be the easiest or quick way to find your number.
- Dial 199 or 198 from your mobile phone
- Select your preferred language
- Select Option 1 and then Option 6 to be redirected to a customer care executive
Once you are connected to a customer care executive, you might have to provide some details before the executive will inform you of the number. Sometimes, the executive might share the number from which you are calling to confirm. You can use this instance to note down the number or ask them politely for the information.