Diwali — one of the biggest festivals in India — is just around the corner and festivities are gaining momentum with every passing day. Ahead of Diwali, WhatsApp has announced new animated, third-party and personalised stickers packs for Diwali 2020 celebrations. Using these Diwali stickers on WhatsApp is a pretty simple process.
For the uninitiated, animated stickers are more expressive and were introduced earlier this year. WhatsApp has also shared a link of a tutorial to design personalised stickers and create a sticker app. With this, you will be able to create WhatsApp stickers with your own images to give a personal touch to your Diwali messages. Let’s take a look at how you can install and use Diwali stickers on WhatsApp.
How to download and send Diwali stickers on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is offering three different types of Diwali stickers on its platform including animated, third-party and personalised stickers. Let’s take a look at how you can use these three.
Animated Diwali WhatsApp stickers
- Make sure you have the latest WhatsApp installed
- Open a chat and click on the emoji icon beside the input bar
- Click on the sticker icon
- Tap the ‘+’ icon and look for sticker packs with a video play icon
- Click on the green download button next to your preferred icon pack
Third-party Diwali WhatsApp stickers
- Open a chat and go to stickers section as explained above
- Click on the ‘+’ icon and scroll to the bottom of the sticker list
- Tap on the ‘Get more stickers’
- It will take you to Play Store, where you can search for Diwali Stickers and download them
Unfortunately, iOS users cannot download third-party stickers on WhatsApp as of now. However, they can save any sticker sent to them in favourites to resend them later.
Personalised Diwali WhatsApp stickers
WhatsApp also offers sample apps and code for both Android and iOS devices, where users can simply drop their sticker art and build a sticker app with minimal app development or coding experience. The messaging platform has laid out a detailed process on its official website.
If you don’t want to get into app development or coding an app, you can simply head to the App Store or Play Store and download third-party sticker makers, which are available on both iOS and Android.