WhatsApp’s MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot can now show you nearby COVID-19 vaccination centres. The chatbot was launched last year when the pandemic hit for the first time. It also offers useful information like the latest updates and alerts on the COVID-19, professional advice, fact-checker, symptoms and more.
The latest option on the chatbot comes in handy when users need to find quick information on nearby centres. India recently started a rollout of COVID-19 vaccination for everyone above 18 years of age.
WhatsApp’s MyGov Corona Helpdesk service lets users find nearby vaccination centres
WhatsApp head Will Cathcart stated that the messaging platform is working with health partners to operate helplines in the form of chatbots. The updated service offers two options under COVID vaccination i.e. centres related information and authentic information. As the name suggests, the former will show the nearby vaccination centre based on the user’s pin code. It will also show the availability of vaccination slots.
The authentic information will reveal all vaccine-related generic information like who will get the vaccine, how it will be given, any side effects of the vaccine and more.
How to find the COVID-19 vaccination centres on WhatsApp?
- Save MyGov Corona Helpdesk’s number, +91 9013151515 on the phone or click on wa.me/919013151515
- Open WhatsApp and message the contact with ‘Namaste’ (Hi or Hello works as well)
- The response is automated and the chatbot will present a list of options
- Type ‘1’ for COVID Vaccination and the chatbot will ask for pin code
- Once entered, the chatbot will display a list of vaccination centres near you with available slots
If you find a suitable slot, click on the CoWIN link provided and book it. You’ll need to be registered on the CoWin portal to do so.