- WhatsApp Mute Video feature now rolling out
- The feature has been in testing on the Beta version for some time
- Users can mute the audio of any video before sharing
WhatsApp has started rolling out the Mute Video feature to Android users. The feature has been in beta version for a while now and is now rolling out to regular WhatsApp users. The Facebook-owned instant messaging platform took to Twitter to announce that the feature is now available for all users.
Also read: How to update WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
The WhatsApp Mute Video feature basically lets users turn off the audio from a video before sharing it with others. The feature is being rolled out in phases and in case you haven’t received it yet, it will come to your WhatsApp app soon. In case you have received it already and wondering how to use it, here are all details.
What is WhatsApp Mute Video feature?
🤫For your eyes, not your ears. You can now mute the audio on your videos before adding them to your Status or sending in chat. Now available on Android.
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) February 26, 2021
As mentioned before, the WhatsApp Mute Video feature can be used to turn off the audio in a video before sharing it with others. This is particularly useful for those who want to share a video with their friends and family but don’t want them to hear unnecessary noise that might be in it.
Prior to this, the only way for a user to send video without audio was to crop it to under 15 seconds, and tap on the GIF button in the top right corner to send it as a looping file.
How to send muted videos on WhatsApp
Follow the below steps to send videos on WhatsApp without audio.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Go to the chat where you want to share a video
- Tap on the ‘+’ sign next to the text box below the chat window
- Select the video you want to send from your gallery
- In the video editing tool that opens next, click on the speaker icon in the top left corner
- Hit ‘Send’