Front-load washing machines are becoming the go-to choice for most households. They offer water savings, energy efficiency, and better cleaning with less wear and tear. Whirlpool, a global leader in home appliances, now offers its Made in Europe range of front-loading washing machines in India. Divided into two categories – Supreme Care and Fresh Care – let’s see what they have to offer.
6th Sense SoftMove Technology
The first thing a new-age washing machine should intuitively understand is that different types of fabrics need to be washed in different ways. Whirlpool’s unique 6th Sense SoftMove does just that and intelligently customises drum movements according to each fabric type. For example, the Slow Motion movement is ideal for delicate garments and uses a gentle rolling motion at a slower spin speed. The Energic wash on the other hand uses Diametrical Force for the more soiled cottons, whites etc.
A+++ Energy rating
If efficiency combined with being environmentally-friendly is a priority for you, look no further. Both the Supreme and Fresh care washing machines are A+++ energy rated, which is the best-in-class rating by the European Union Directive. This means you will incur low electricity costs as well as low water consumption compared to other products in the same category.
IntelliSense Inverter Motor
Many readers have shared that the sound of the machines operation is a major disturbance in the house. However, Whirlpool’s front-load washing machines feature an IntelliSense Inverter Motor which generates less noise and minimum vibration while operating. And the motor comes with a 10 year warranty for additional peace of mind.
The Colours 15° mode is designed to offer superior cleaning results with supreme colour protection in cold 15°C water. The machines effectively use the fabric softener to create a protective veil on clothes to prevent the colours from fading (softener-detergent- softener)
This gives a result much more superior to normal cycles with prewash (detergent-detergent- softener)
While both the Supreme Care and Fresh Care range have the aforementioned features in common, let’s take a look at what they individually bring to the table.
Supreme Care Washing Machine:
The Supreme Care range offers a maximum spin speed of 1400rpm. It offers a Feather Touch control panel with LEDs, remembers your last used program and can customise parameters for each wash. Here’s a look at some of the features this range offers:
- The Infinite Care Drum design with 20% smaller holes prevents fibers from getting snagged during washing and spinning. It also reduces surface friction by up to 70%, causing less damage to the garments.
- FreshCare: A patented Whirlpool technology, FreshCare keeps your garments fresh and free of wrinkles by intermittently tumbling them every 6 hours after the cycle has ended. This way, you’re assured of fresh smelling laundry even if you forget to remove it on time.
- The BioStains 15° program removes toughest of the stains like oil and grease, while ensuring protection of garments by using a cold water wash.
- Hot Finish: The machine uses warm water for the last rinsing phase which adds a fresh and soft feel to the clothes, ensures better and quicker drying, relaxes fibers for minimum damage and reduces wrinkle fixation.
Whirlpool’s Supreme Care washing machines come in 7kg, 8kg and 9kg configurations.
Fresh Care Washing Machine:
The Fresh Care range offers knob-based controls and an LED display. It offers a maximum spin speed of 1200rpm. Here are some of the features it offers:
- SteamCare Technology prevents hard wrinkles from setting in by combining slow, gentle movements of the drums with the cleaning power of the steam. It also eliminates bacteria and foul odour, thus keeping your clothes fresh even after the wash cycle, so you don’t need to immediately rush and unload your laundry.
- The Clean+ feature acts on three different levels (intensive, daily and fast). It allows you to pick the correct washing action depending on your cleaning needs. Each option uses different water levels, cycle times, tumble patterns and speed.
- The Intensive Rinse feature eliminates any residual detergent on the clothes by extending the rinse phase after the wash cycle, making it ideal for babies’ clothes.
- The Easy Ironing feature reduces the formations of creases by modifying the wash and spin cycles.
The Fresh Care washing machines are available in load capacities of 7kg and 8kg.
Whirlpool’s new front-load washing machine range caters to a host of user needs and budgets. Whether you’re looking for an affordable washing machine that’s functional or an advanced one that’s loaded with features, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for in the new Supreme Care and Fresh Care range. Visit Whirlpool’s website to find out more.