Wi-Fi is an essential most of us can’t do without. We connect to Wi-Fi on multiple devices, from phones to tablets to laptops to TVs to smart home products. In some cases, other people might have set up the Wi-Fi network on your devices. So what happens if the Wi-Fi gets switched off? You might wonder how you can switch it on again.
Also Read: How to hide files or folders in Windows 10
If you’re wondering how you can turn on the Wi-Fi on a Windows 10 PC, the answer is quite easy. There are three easy ways to do so – using a keyboard shortcut, the Wi-Fi icon and from the Start menu. We’ve explained how to do so in a step by step format.
How to turn on Wi-Fi on Windows 10 using keyboard shortcut
First things first, check if your keyboard has a dedicated shortcut to enable or disable the Wi-Fi connection. If you are using a Windows 10 laptop then there is a good chance that it has such an option. Even on an external keyboard, you might have such an option. Look for an icon with waves coming off of a circle. You might have to press the Function key and the button where the Wi-Fi icon is located simultaneously to get this working.
How to turn on Wi-Fi on Windows 10 PC using Wi-Fi icon
This is probably the method most people will relate to since it is similar to what you would do on your smartphone.
- On the lower left hand corner of your screen, you will see quick shortcuts that form a part of the taskbar. Here, you will also see a shortcut for Wi-Fi.
- Click on this Wi-Fi icon depicted by radio signals transmitting upwards.
- Now, click on the larger Wi-Fi box that appears in the expanded menu.
- This will turn on the Wi-Fi and show all the available networks.
How to turn on Windows 10 Wi-Fi from the Start Menu
- Click the Windows button and Settings. Click on the option that appears on the screen.
- Now, click on “Network & Internet”.
- Click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi option to “ON” to see all the available connections.
- Connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network by entering the password.