Windows 11 is finally available to download for eligible Windows 10 PCs and laptops. The new operating system upgrade was much anticipated by the Windows users community and it doesn’t disappoint. From a minimal, clean user interface to support for Android apps through the Amazon App Store, Windows 11 comes as a significant overhaul over its predecessor, Windows 10. Naturally, those with systems running Windows 10 must be wondering if will they get the latest operating system update from Microsoft.
The good news is that Windows 11 will be available for free to Windows 10 users. On the flip side, not everyone will be able to run the latest operating system on their computers. Microsoft Windows 11 has several specific system requirements, which the users need to check. To make it convenient for users, Microsoft has a PC Health Check app, which lets users confirm if their computer is compatible with Windows 11 or not.
Windows 11 PC Health Check: how to check if your laptop or PC is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade
In case you are unable to tell if your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11, there’s a solution. Microsoft has released a nifty little tool called PC Health Check to check it for you and tell if the computer supports Windows 11. Below are the steps to use the PC Health Check Tool and find out if you are eligible to receive the Windows 11 update.
- Download and install the PC Health Check app
- Once installed, launch the app
- Click on the Introducing Windows 11 banner on top and then click on Check Now
- The app will perform required checks and tell you whether or not your PC can run Windows 11
- In case the app says ‘ This PC can’t run Windows 11‘, follow the steps below,
Windows 11 compatibility issue: how to resolve ‘This PC can’t run Windows 11’ error
Don’t worry if you get an incompatibility message from the PC Health Check app. Sometimes, TPM is disabled on computers even if the module is present on the motherboard, which might cause the incompatibility result. Follow the steps below to make sure TPM is enabled on your laptop or computer.
- Boot to BIOS or UEFI
- Check for TPM/fTPM
- If you find the option, enable it
- Enable Secure Boot option as well
- Now, run the PC Health Check and it should show This PC can run Windows 11
Windows 11 minimum system requirements
As mentioned before, Microsoft Windows 11 has a set of minimum system requirements to run on a computer. Users need to check whether their laptop or computer has the following minimum configuration.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0