- Zomato Gold is back from the dead
- Zomato discontinues the Zomato Pro Plus subscription
- It starts at Rs 149 for three months
Online food delivery app Zomato has relaunched its Gold membership, discontinuing the Zomato Pro Plus plan.
Zomato has been shuffling its loyalty program. Zomato first had Zomato Gold. It was replaced by Zomato Pro when it was first discontinued. Then Zomato Pro was discontinued; Zomato Pro Plus replaced it. In the latest development, Zomato discontinued Zomato Pro Plus, bringing back the old Zomato Gold membership.
Zomato Gold: Price and Benefits
The Zomato Gold subscription plan is available now for an introductory price of Rs 149 for three months. The yearly price of Zomato Gold has yet to be revealed.
Existing Zomato Pro Plus members will get a complimentary Zomato Gold subscription for three months.
The benefits of Zomato Gold includes:
- Free delivery on orders above Rs 199, although it will be limited to restaurants within 10 km.
- No delay guarantee – Zomato will offer users a Rs 100 coupon if their order is delayed.
- VIP access during peak hours – Gold users will get priority access to restaurants and get priority over regular users.
- Offers for dining – In deliveries, Gold users will also get discounts of upto 40% on dining in 10,000+ restaurants.
How does Zomato Gold compare to Swiggy One?
Zomato’s competitor Swiggy also offers a similar subscription plan, Swiggy One. Let us check how Zomato Gold compares with Swiggy One.
|Zomato Gold||Swiggy One|
|Rs 149 per 3 months.||Rs 499 per 3 months/Rs 1499 per year.|
|Free deliveries over Rs 199 within 10 Km.||Free deliveries above Rs 149 within 10 Km.|
|No delay guarantee.||Free deliveries on Swiggy Instamart above Rs 99.|
|VIP access to restaurants during peak hours.||10% off on delivery charges on Swiggy Genie orders above Rs 35.|
Zomato to rebrand Zomato Instant
In related news, Zomato has announced that rumours of it shutting down Zomato Instant isn’t true. And the company is looking to rebrand Zomato Instant to something different.
“Instant is not shutting down. We are working on a new menu with our partners and rebranding the business. All finishing stations remain intact, and no people are impacted by this decision,” a Zomato spokesperson commented on the same.